VISIT THE SPECIAL EVENTS PAGE TO VIEW PHOTOS FROM OUR CAR SHOW
Open to ALL...
catering to individuals with special needs and unique challenges
To our community:
Welcome back to Sēb’s Recreation Center. As the Arapahoe County Stay-At -Home order has now transitioned to the Safer-At-Home order, we are now open for business, with some temporary changes to ensure the safety of our staff and patrons. Our temporary hours of operation will be 8am-5pm, Monday thru Saturday. There will be no scheduled classes or massages until further notice, however video Tai Chi and video Yoga will be available upon your request.
You may schedule a time for yourself, your family or group (up to 10 people) by calling the center at 303-353-9822. We will be accepting appointments between the hours of 8am and 2pm, allowing 15 minutes in between appointments for cleaning. After 2pm, the facility will be open to all on a first come first serve basis, with up to 10 people (not including staff) being allowed in at one time.
(Please note, during our 8am-2pm appointment-only hours, up to 10 people will be allowed to use the center at one time).
If you show signs and symptoms of being ill, you will not be allowed in. All patrons must comply with the following procedures:
1. Upon entering, your temperature will be checked at the door by a staff member.
2. Wearing a mask is mandatory. (Masks may be purchased at the center for $3).
3. You must sanitize your hands (sanitizer provided by SRC).
Gloves optional and may also be purchased for $1.
4. A new release waiver must be filled out.
5. Respect social distancing- 6 feet apart (unless permission is given).
6. You must wipe down ALL equipment after use.
7. Parents/guardians are required to supervise their children and make sure they are aware of and following all safety measures throughout the duration of the visit.
8. For groups, caregivers are required to sanitize and supervise their participants and make sure they are aware of and following all safety measures throughout the duration of the visit.
*Customer is more than welcome to clean their own equipment before use.
*If you are eating, you are required to wash and sanitize hands before participating in any activities.
*If you refuse to comply with any of the safety measures, you will be asked to leave.
Sēb’s Recreation Center is dedicated to providing a safe environment for its staff and customers. The following policies and procedures have been put in place for the safety of all:
1. The facility will be cleaned and sanitized thoroughly after each customer visit and throughout the day.
2. We will respect social distancing unless permission is obtained to do otherwise.
3. Staff members will wear masks during customer visits.
4. Air purifiers will run during business hours.
Hello, my name is Keithan Holiday, and I am the president of Sēb’s Recreation Center (SRC). I am excited to introduce to you this unique facility that strives to provide a safe, comfortable environment for the physically challenged to work out, attend classes, engage in informational seminars, relax, and have fun with their families, caregivers, and other participants.
As the father of a disabled son, we struggled to find activities, both physically and socially, where we both could participate at the same time and under the same roof. The dream of opening a recreational center for the disabled stems from my son going to work with me one day at a 'recreational center' and not being able to do anything. He asked me, "Dad, what can I do here?" I replied, "Son, we can swim, but that's about it." I could tell that Sēbian was upset and after some time had passed I asked him what was on his mind. He said, "Dad it's not right that there is nothing here for me to do. We should open up a recreational center for people like me, the disabled." My reply to him was, "I think that is a great idea and I will do my best to make that happen."
In trying to fulfill my son's wish, my goal is to provide high quality products and services in one convenient location for all to enjoy. The center is supported by professionally trained and knowledgeable staff. We aim to have personal relationships with our clients and customers that will last for years to come.
Please check back from time to time, as new information becomes available regarding daily and fundraising events offered by SRC. I thank you for taking the time to learn more about Sēb’s Recreation Center. If you are inspired by our vision for SRC and would like to help make the center a success, please do not hesitate to volunteer or make a contribution.
I encourage you to explore our website to learn more about specific services and programs that are offered by SRC. Thank you again for your interest in Sēb’s Recreation Center and we look forward to serving you.
Sincerely, Keithan Holiday
President of Sēb’s Recreation Center
SRC is designated as a 501(c)(3) private, non-profit, tax-exempt organization established in accordance with the United States Internal Revenue code [26 U.S.C. 501 (c)].
Copyright © 2020 Sēb's Recreation Center - All Rights Reserved.